5 Reasons why to hire a Professional Photographer for your wedding
1) Great photography is more than a fancy camera. I have a nice oven but I can’t bake a cake to save my life. I have spent years in college studying film, light and composition, and years since, mastering how to photograph weddings. I know how to get the perfect shot predictably every time. Consistency only comes with a professional. I mostly shoot in manual – I tell the camera what it should be doing rather than allowing the camera to tell me.
2) I know how the day flows. I sit down with you prior to your wedding day and discuss your special day. On your wedding day, I will keep the wedding on script, much like a wedding planner. It is also the experience of photographing 70 + weddings that allows me to know just where to be and when. I know the time in the wedding when I can sneak a shot of your Dad looking at you with a tear in his eye. These are the things you can only get with experience.
3) I know how to work in difficult lighting. I am not worried about bright sunlight, backlit conditions, a dark ceremony room or churches. I can walk into any room and know within seconds where the best spot is to stand, what equipment I will need and where the best light will be. Every time. Consistently.
4) Professionalism. I am experienced in dealing with the raw emotions of a wedding day. I know how to get mom to stop repeating the time every 5 minutes while the bride breaks out into a cold sweat because she might be 3 minutes late for the wedding. I know which lapel the boutonniere goes on. I can get a big group of people rounded up for photos – cheerfully and cooperatively. This takes years of experience and finding out what to say (and what not to say) during a day when everyone’s emotions are sky high.
5) I am a professional photographer. As a professional wedding photographer I come to a wedding with a large array of equipment and BACK UP equipment. This will include, a minimum of two professional camera bodies, several lenses, strobes, multiple memory cards, large quantities of batteries, brackets, cords, adapters, light stands and light modifiers. While not every item will be utilized at every event, it is important to be prepared for every possibility, including change in venue, bad weather, unexpected shots to capture, etc.
The Bottom Line
If you reduced the budget on your cake, limo, meals etc., hardly anyone would know and they certainly won’t remember. The cake will be gone, the meals eaten and the guests will have gone home. After your wedding day is over, you will have beautiful wedding photos telling a fantastic story of your amazing day, you will have these... forever.